Re: [suse-security] DNS
  • From: Michael Zimmermann <zim@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:45:16 +0200

At Mittwoch, 11. September 2002 10:14 Reckhard, Tobias wrote:
> [about how to do reverse delegation for one's IP's]
> Either you use the RFC 2317 muck to work around BIND's configuration file
> problems with CIDR, introducing lots of ugly CNAMEs in the process.

Pardon me, Tobias,

you're saying, that there is a way to do reverse delegation WITHOUT
either having the corresponding arpa zone delegated to you (either
as a class-C delegation or a partial one through RFC2317) ?

How?

That would mean you could (howsoever ugly) go around the
arpa authoritative nameserver for the class-C subnet --
which would be certainly security related in my version of
the DNS bible.

Greetings
- --
Michael Zimmermann (Vegaa Safety and Security for Internet Services)
Key fingerprint = 1E47 7B99 A9D3 698D 7E35 9BB5 EF6B EEDB 696D 5811