how to enable ipsec over firewall?
  • From: Jochen Staerk <jochen.staerk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:23:38 +0200
Hi List,
I need to have access to an external cisco VPN 5000 system from a windows box through a Suse Linux Masquarading Router (NAT to german T-DSL), the Suse Linux is 6.4 with a 2.2er kernel.

In case someone knows about the 8er 2.4 kernel-firewall2-config please answer as well we might be able to update this.

As far as I understand, Ip Port 50 and UDP 500 play a special role - but aren't all ports masquaraded by default? I mean, I can use HTTP, FTP (passive), HTTPS, peer to peer networking, do I have to add extra rules for 500 or 50? How do I do that? Do I need to apply a kernel patch?

Thanks in advance
Jochen

< Previous Next >