Re: [suse-security] how to enable ipsec over firewall?
>>>In case someone knows about the 8er 2.4 kernel-firewall2-config please
>>>answer as well we might be able to update this.
>>Hääää????
>>
>Translated: In case you knew how to configure Suse 8, i'll get Suse 8
>running on our firewall. ;)

Same way as ever. Do a minimal installation, shut down the services you dont
need,
install firewall and harden your system with security patches and scripts to
attack it
with security tools after all :O)

>>FW_DEV_IPSEC="ipsec0"
>>
>Okay, the silly thing is that I don't have such an device in /dev/etc. I
>should probably check my free s/wan configuration?

For sure. You have to configure freeswan using /etc/ipsec.conf (<=7.3) and
to start and test it.

>>http://www.suse.com/~marc/SuSEfirewall2-2.1.tar.gz
>I checked that and it does seem to be the same 2.1-er-version that comes
>with Suse 8.

Yep, my fault. Christoph Egger did some patches here on this list:

http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-security/2002-Feb/0035.html

Yours Michael

BTW: What about take over this working patches into firewall-scripts main
branch - Marc ?

< Previous Next >