Re: [suse-security] Linux/Slapper.worm
  • From: Paul Elliott <pelliott@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:34:27 -0500
On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 03:11:48PM -0700, Thomas Sjögren wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 September 2002 05:54, Joachim Hummel wrote:
>
> > Mod_SSL or OpenSSL ? I don´t unterstand this ??
> > OpenSSL is standalone application !
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/ssl/
> The Apache HTTP Server module mod_ssl provides an interface to the
> OpenSSL library, which provides Strong Encryption using the Secure
> Sockets Layer and Transport Layer Security protocols.
>
> /Thomas
> --
> thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | www.northernsecurity.net
> thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.se.linux.org

I wish that SuSE would provide a configuration option that would bind
apache of local help servers to the localhost and/or the local
internet connection. That way those of us who use appache would not
have to run a complicated firewall or configure the appache files our
selves to be safe from this kind of thing, when all we want is a little
local help.

--
Paul Elliott 1(512)837-1096
pelliott@xxxxxx PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J