Re: [suse-security] SuSEfirewall2 and dyndns
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:49:38 +0200
Hi Michael, hi Thorsten,

thanks for your answers.

On Wednesday 18 September 2002 12:02, GentooRulez wrote:
> You may want to
>
> FW_REDIRECT="192.168.1.0/16,name.dyn.dns,tcp,22,22"
>
> to redirect all traffic to your dnsdns-ssh directly to your internal
> nic.
>
> You need to reset firewall script each time your dyn-dns script refresh
> the dns ip entry.

Works fine so far, but now, that I have a DNS qualified name in
firewall2.rc.config, fw directly opens an inet connection and it
takes ages to start (~ +120 sec). Looks like a chicken and egg
problem, though. I've patched ddclient (which is running as daemon
now) to call SuSEfirewall2 on success.

I can image fiddleing with some on the fly editing of the config
file to solve this problem, or is some better solution available?

dyndns-aware SuSEfirewall2?

> Yours
>
> Michael

Cheers,