Re: [suse-security] Re: SuSE Security Announcement: xf86 (SuSE-SA:2002:032)
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:54:44 -0700
* Roman Drahtmueller (draht@xxxxxxx) [020918 09:23]:
::
::To make it short: If you wish to use a newer version of a package and if you
::insist on having properly working updates at hand if there is a security
::update, then please use a newer SuSE Linux version. If you feel a little bit
::adventurous, then these packages will suit your needs.
::

I guess to make it shorter. If SuSE puts up these packages and knows
that people will use them and there is a security risk with them and the
user already has them installed. They should be updated. There are those
of us out here like myself who just didn't have time to go to 8.0.

I would say that if fixed packages aren't going to be placed in the
supplementry directory for those of us using those packages..then the
directory should be removed entirely. :)

--
Ben Rosenberg ---===---===---===--- mailto:ben@xxxxxxxxx
Tell me what you believe..

< Previous Next >