Re: [suse-security] Update SuSE 7.0
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:52:47 +0200 (CEST)
On Sep 24, Andre ten Bohmer (WUR) <andre.tenbohmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't hope it is OT, but is there quick way to update a Pc with the
> SuSE 7.0 distro installed? We have found a Pc with this distro, but it
> lacks lots off patches. Yast2 does not have the on-line update option, so
> is the only option (except upgrading to 7.3/8.0 ) to manually update all
> relevant rpm's?
Some time ago it was at least partly possible, using fou4s [1]. But SuSE
has not updated the patch descriptions (and removed them also a while
ago). Maybe the last beta version of fou4s can handle 7.0 updates but I
haven't tested.

Markus
[1]: http://fou4s.gaugusch.at/
--
Markus Gaugusch \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign

< Previous Next >