SuSEfirewall2 + RIP server + CUPS
  • From: Harald Steden <harald.steden@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:49:25 +0200
Hello together!

Found no ansewer to following question yet:

My workstation (SuSE 8.0, 2.4.19) is connected to the www via ppp and to a local network via eth0. I use the SuSEfirewall2 on my workstation. I configured the firewall with yast so that the workstation is not protected against internal network.
In the local network there is a RIP server running CUPS 1.1.15. The printers are visible for a short time, when I stop the firewall.
But after a while I cannot see them anymore. The CUPS server broadcasts information about his available printers to the local network.
I added following to the firewallscript:

iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -s 192.168.0.0 -d 192.168.0.0 -j ACCEPT

But the same behavior.

My knowlegde about firewalls is not the best. Can someone help me giving a hint?

Thanks for your trouble.

Harald

  • No further messages