Re: [suse-security] 8.0 openssh update?
Hi Michael,

>even though they are not in the passwd and group files:
>there are sshd user and group in my nis tables, but i have files before nis in
>the /etc/nsswitch.conf file:

That may explain why it works when starting sshd interactively (NIS info is
being used) but not during bootup, since sshd is started well before ypbind.
Thus, the user sshd, necessary in openssh 3.x, is unknown at that time.
Adding these users to the local passwd, shadow, and group should solve the
problem.

Best wishes,

Nico van Eikema Hommes
--
Dr. N.J.R. van Eikema Hommes Computer-Chemie-Centrum
hommes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg