Re: AW: [suse-security] trouble with http
  • From: Andrew Bennett <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:34:20 GMT
Hi,
I'm not sure I understand you, Markus. I use squid as a proxy server for
web browsing including downloading files by ftp for all the users on my
network, (except me), and have done for years. I now use the SuSE ftp
proxy. I think the guy just wants to download files when he clicks on ftp
links in IE and this works OK via squid as long as he has his squid
server setup with default settings and allows users to connect through
it.

If he hasn't done that he won't be able to browse the internet anyway.

Maybe we're just using different terminology.

Andy

On 9/26/02, 4:14:36 PM, Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
regarding Re: AW: [suse-security] trouble with http:

> On Sep 26, Andrew Bennett <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Squid tunnels ftp through http so should work OK. What settings have you
> > put in IE for proxy?
> If he wants transparent proxy, this will not work.
> He may have set a wrong MTU and ALL large transfers will fail (Gabriel:
do