IP aliasing and SuSE Firewall
  • From: Chris Herrnberger <chris123@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 15:25:13 -0400
Greetings:

I need to setup a suse firewall to protect 6 IP based virtual sites. There
are no options to switching to named sites. Its the firewall that I dont have
a lot of experience with and I was wondering what is the best way to address
the aliasing. What my concern is that if I use ifconfig eth0:xxx method to
alias the six addresses and then port forward:80 to the masqued server what
effect if any will the alias's have on the firewall functionality.?? Is this
the best way to address this or are their alternatives. Basic setup is very
simple.

ISP---->{firewall and masq]

| (video and mysql)

|--------------------server 10.10.0.2 (eg)