RE: [suse-security] Ipchains in SuSE 8.0
  • From: Jonathan Cowherd <jonathan.cowherd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 10:02:45 -0400
You can use Ipchains or Ipfwadm with your 2.4.x kernel if your kernel has
Ipchains or Ipfwadm support compiled in as a module. You can run lsmod as
root to check what modules are loaded. If you decide this, rmmod iptables
and insmod ipchains. Provided that the ipchains tools are installed, then
you should be good to go.

I'm only saying this because I've become a fan of 2.4.x series and Iptables
isn't too much of a stretch from Ipchains.

Jonathan Paul Cowherd
Linux and Java Administrator
Genscape, Inc.
Email: jonathan.cowherd@xxxxxxxxxxxx