need help to limit access of external ssh-users
  • From: Andreas Fiesser <fiesser@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 22:16:46 +0200

Hi,

I have limited experience in linux but I'll find my way around if
kicked in the right direction, I hope. ;)

I'd want to open a ssh port to my homebox for external staff and
some friends. I don't suppose they'll try to be funny but safe is
better than sorry.

For this I created a group "external" and userids like "staff01".

How can I keep them from walking around in my system ?
They should only be able to drop and collect documents which are in
their home-directory.

I have sshd working and login works, so I only need advice for
further security aspects.
My system is an up to date SuSE 7.2

Thanks
Andreas