Re: [suse-security] need help to limit access of external ssh-users
>I have limited experience in linux but I'll find my way around if
>kicked in the right direction, I hope. ;)

>I'd want to open a ssh port to my homebox for external staff and
>some friends. I don't suppose they'll try to be funny but safe is
>better than sorry.

>For this I created a group "external" and userids like "staff01".

>How can I keep them from walking around in my system ?
>They should only be able to drop and collect documents which are in
>their home-directory.

there are two buzzwords:

"restricted shells" and "chroot jails" that should let you go to the
right direction.

Furthermore you can assign your friends to a group
friends and your staff to group staff. Both groups should'nt have any
access rights elsewhere but in their homedir.

Michael