User should be able to start a root-program
  • From: isp@xxxxxxxxxx (ISP-Account ISP)
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 15:43:18 +0100
Hello,

I have a program that runs a root (the program also starts child-prozesses as root).
Now there is one user who should be able to start/stop this program. I have tried to give the program-file the s bit -> the users was able to start the program but then he receives a error that the start of the child-prozesses is forbidden.

Is there a posibility to start the program without root-rights?

Thanks
Martin

< Previous Next >