Re: [suse-security] su doesn't work after yast2 security change
  • From: Ferdinand Schmid <fschmid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 13:09:48 -0600
Thanks for the info. Christpher at SuSE also pointed this out to me and I corrected my mistake.

Ferdinand

Bob Vickers wrote:
Ferdinand,

You are creating maintenance headaches for yourself if you edit
permissions.paranoid because it will revert next time you do an upgrade.
The clean solution is to edit /etc/permissions.local as these permissions
are applied after the paranoid ones.

Also read the comments at the start of /etc/permissions.paranoid.

Bob

<snip>

--
Ferdinand Schmid