Q: RPC-Bufferoverflow
  • From: Markus Brückner <mb1611@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 00:55:18 +0200

Hello,

according to
http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/archive/bugtraq/2002/07/msg00430.html there is a
buffer-overflow in every RPC-Implementation derived from the original
SUN-RPC-Code.
As I didn't see any discussion or announcement on suse-security oder
suse-security-announce I just wanted to ask whether a system using NFS (and
therefor the RPC-Portmapper) as an Installation medium is affected by this
vulnerability? System is SuSE 8.0, Kernel is a vanilla 2.4.18.

Thx in advance
Markus