Re: [suse-security] Restriced SSH Account?
  • From: Markus Brückner <mb1611@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 16:18:49 +0200

Am Montag, 12. August 2002 15:53 schrieb Olivier M.:

> > You may put the server in a chroot-environment.
>
> do you have some detailled information how to do that?
> the man page and docs I found over the net didn't helped
> very much :/

Hm, I don't have detailed documentation right now. The concept is that you
build a complete (meaning a full GNU/Linux base system) in a path of you
filesystem, put your program you want to chroot there and then start it by
chroot /new_root command.
The programm will see /new_root as / meaning that it can not escape from
there. Problem is that you'll have to put every external program and library
that is needed by your program into the chroot-environment or your program
wont be able to find it.

HTH
Markus

< Previous Next >