Re: [suse-security] asignar una facility propia al target LOG de iptables
On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 11:13:45AM +0200, Aliaga, Alberto wrote:
> Hola a todos,
Hi there,
This is an english list.
> [translating] Does anybody know whether it is possible to assign an
> other syslog facility for logging target of iptables.

If a am correct, this is not possible without some source code hacks,
since the logging is done in the kernel module by printk's. you can only
change the priority. you could assign a seldom used kernel priority and
redirect only that priority to an other file in syslog.conf like
kern.<iptables log priority> /var/log/iptables.log
or you can hack the module to use the syslog facility, which to me does
not seem useful, if doable...

just use a filter for the kernel log.

> Gracias por vuestra ayuda.
de nada.