Re: [suse-security] asignar una facility propia al target LOG de iptables
  • From: Harald Nikolisin <harald.nikolisin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:10:18 +0200
hi list, hi alberto

because this is a english-spoken list, all people prefer you use rather a bad
english (as me) as a perfect spanish.

I hope I understand everything. you want to pipe all logged entries from
IPTABLES to a specific log-file. you know the switch "-j LOG" and that you
are able to filter all kernel related stuff (kern.*) into a special log file
(like /var/log/firewall) which is controlled by the syslog.conf
but this is not enough for you.

I also searched without success for that topic in the excellented
firewall/IPTables book from Wolfgang Barth. maybe he is on the list and can
give a hint?

but a good solution is for me to filter the /var/log/firewall with the
generator fwlogwatch (output also in html possible).

http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/projects/fwlogwatch/

the html-output is very useful to get a quick overview.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen / With kind regards

Dipl.-Ing. Harald Nikolisin
SOFiSTiK AG (Entwicklung)