Re: [suse-security] samba-winbindd-acl
  • From: David Huecking <d.huecking@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 19:59:47 +0200
On Mittwoch, 14. August 2002 17:57, Ken Schneider wrote:
> I have been instructed to setup a linux box (SuSE 8.0) to authenticate
> against a NT-PDC. I also need to setup shares using samba and desire to
> modify the ACL's using the NT-PDC.
>
> I need to know if these features are compiled into the samba-2.2.3a
> package supplied with 8.0 or do I need to re-compile to add these
> features?
Ups, sorry I just sent the first reply before I had written something about
ACLs and Samba with SuSE 8.0... :-/
I used XFS as a filesystem on the box and could modify the ACLs with the
ACL-tools local, but I did not find out how to do it with the Samba delivered
with SuSE 8.0.
Before I tried it before with SuSE 7.2 based system and with a self-compiled
Samba definitly with ACL-Support I must have missed something because it
didn't work and I couldn't find out how the RWX-rights and ACLs would fit
together..
Maybe I have some spare time when I go to work again on Friday (I am an
part-time worker only because I still study/ writing my diploma) ;-) Then I
will have some look at the SuSE 8.0 box with Samba again.

--
Eat, sleep and go running,
David Huecking.

Encrypted eMail welcome! GnuPG/ PGP-Fingerprint:
3DF2 CBE0 DFAA 4164 02C2 4E2A E005 8DF7 5780 9216