Re: [suse-security] No cron on SuSE 8 ?! (OT for security)
  • From: Francisco Acosta <chesco@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:21:58 -0300
Try rccron restart after programming a job.

Schoenwaelder Oliver wrote:

Hi,

I wonder if there are any problems with cron on SuSE 8.
None of my cron scripts work. It seems that they don't even start.
I also put a simple command in my crontab (5 * * * * echo "Cronjob" | mail
-s "Mail from cron" root).
This doens't work, too.
Why? Cron is running, the cronfiles are in /var/spool/cron/tabs.
In messages I see that cron recognized that I modified/listed the crontabs.
But nothing else.
None of the users is listed in cron.allow (doesn't exist) and cron.deny.
Any idea?

Thx,

Oliver

< Previous Next >