real mailing lists and more: Re: [suse-security] Announce: Project to port SE Linux to SuSE 8.0
  • From: JW <jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 15:53:43 -0500
On Friday 31 May 2002 08:01 pm, you wrote:
> Mailing list: I don't have any listserve installed currently, so for now,
> if you want to "join" the mailing list just send me a message telling me
> what address you want subscribed, and I'll add you to the list.

We have a real mailing list now thanks to Christopher Mahmood:

suse-selinux@xxxxxxxx

Typical ezmlm mailing list rules apply, see the web site for details:

http://se-linux-suse.cedarcreeksoftware.com/

I already subscribed the addresses of those who contacted me overnight.

At the suggestion of several people, I am not going to focus on combining the
SuSE kernel patches with the LSM/SE-Linux patches: for now I'll use the
"vanilla" kernel with LSM/SE-Linux patches applied, and work on porting the
userspace utilities.

Perhaps in the future someone from SuSE will be able to help us with the
kernel patches.

It also appears that we will be able to use the SE Linux sourceforge site for
hosting our files (http://sourceforge.net/projects/selinux/), however it may
be a week or 2 before I am able to obtain access.

The SuSE sub-section of the SF site is here:
http://selinux.sourceforge.net/use/suse.php3

I will post further details as they become available.

It was also suggested to me that I use the main SE-Linux mailing list for
discussion. For now, I still prefer to have an addtional list that's
SuSE-specific. I don't want to flood the NSA's list with suse-specific
questions. Since I have never attempted anything like this before, I will
probably have "newbie" questions of my own about that I don't think will be
appropriate for the primary NSA list. Topics that are more directly
suse-related should be directed to the SuSE list, those directly
related to SE-Linux might be more appropriate on the primary SE-Linux list
(selinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx), perhaps cross-posted if that's ok with the other
list.

I strongly encourage anyone joining the suse-selinux list to also join the
primary list, details here: http://www.nsa.gov/selinux/list.html

More later....

Thanks!
JW