Re: [suse-security] Kaspersky AntiVirus Trouble
  • From: Rainer Link <link@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 15:20:15 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, sc@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> i am trying to install Kaspersky AV Linux, but having serious trouble
> while compiling the monitor (better "klmon" module - for on access scans)

Hum? klmon? Looks like KAV 4.0 (beta) to me, as 3.5 build 136 doesn't ship
such a module IIRC But probably I own only the desktop version and not
the server version.

> (Rainer, could you help again ?)

> comp1:/opt/AVP/kavmonitor/module.linux # make
>
> gcc -c -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/include -Wall -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
> -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fno-strength-reduce -m486 -malign-loops=2
> -malign-jumps=2 -malign-functions=2 -DCPU=686 -DMODULE handle_execve.c

At the first glance I would say the Makefile is wrong (or the module is
only suitable for 2.2.x kernels).

I'd suggest to contact Christian Hofmann <Christian.Hofmann@xxxxxxxxx>
(german distributor) or Vyacheslav Medvedev <slava@xxxxxx>. Vyacheslav
has been quite helpful in the past wrt several AvpDaemon / kavdaemon
related problems (although we have not been in contact for some month now,
so hopefully he still works for Kaspersky Labs).

Sorry, my time is simply to limited to have a closer look at this issue
(/me still has to do the slides for his talk at LinuxTag and some
organisational stuff for the offical OpenAntiVirus meeting).

best regards,
Rainer Link
(SuSE Labs)

--
Rainer Link | SuSE Linux AG - The Linux Experts
link@xxxxxxx | Developer of A Mail Virus Scanner (www.amavis.org)