IP alias and SuSE firewall
  • From: Juergen.Mell@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jürgen Mell)
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 21:01:12 +0200
Hi List,

I need to configure our firwall machine for two different static IP
addresses on the same ISDN dial-up interface.
The configuration is:
SuSE 7.1
SuSE Firewall 4.7
Kernel 2.2.19
I did already configure the alias address for the interface and I can
ping or connect to services from the local machine.
But any packet coming from the internet via the dial-up line to the
secondary IP address is rejected by the firewall (pakets to the primary
address pass normally). I tried to configure
FW_DEV_WORLD = "ippp0 ippp0:0"
but that did not help either. How can I tell the firewall script to
accept pakets for the secondary address?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jürgen

< Previous Next >