Re: [suse-security] Telnet Problem
  • From: "Comptek informatik AG - R. Klippel" <r.klippel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 13:47:07 +0200
At 13:30 05.06.2002 +0200, Stanley Caramoy wrote:
Hello....

I'm having a problem with my Linux Server (SuSE 7.0). Someone has tried to
login to my machine without username and password. He/She tried to login with
Telnet (from Windows) with extra commands behind the telnet command. He/She
can access my Linux Server without Username and Password.

How to make the security of my Linux Server better ?

Thanks...

http://www.gmx.net

Hi

disable telnet service in intetd.conf and use the actual ssh package.

Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen
Comptek informatik AG

Reinhardt Klippel

Comptek informatik AG