Re: [suse-security] Telnet Problem
  • From: Sebastian Nerz <basti@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 15:34:58 +0200
Hy,

Stanley Caramoy schrieb:

> Hello....
>
> I'm having a problem with my Linux Server (SuSE 7.0). Someone has tried to
> login to my machine without username and password. He/She tried to login with
> Telnet (from Windows) with extra commands behind the telnet command. He/She
> can access my Linux Server without Username and Password.
>
> How to make the security of my Linux Server better ?
>
> Thanks...

I have *no* idea if the following proposal is possible or advicable.
If I understood right what you said, the problem is that this person can
access your server using extra commands and not username&password.
Couldn't you check packages for this commands or disallow this commands
in your telnet server?
Perhaps a silly way of 'solving' this - perhaps not even possible...

regards

Sebastian Nerz