Re: [suse-security] "RTFM" as an answer for OT questions (was: nmap)
  • From: In Search of Security <security@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 14:50:28 -0400
I think its for the owner of the list to decide whether a topic is OT or not. Any subscriber or someone posting messages here has no right to say rude things to anyone. I am surprised how some people (who are just subscribers like others) start acting like the czars of those mailing lists and message boards.
If the owner of this list (ie Suse) decides a post to be off topic, they can simply tell the poster. They are well-informed people and know about their network's capacity to handle these posts.
Anyone else who cannot answer the poster's question, should keep their rude mouth shut.
These are my thoughts and I do not expect everyone to agree with me.
I will not be posting any replies to this post as that will be OT. Any angry soul can contact me directly on my email
Thanks
Leo

Gerhard Sittig wrote:

[ yes, it's sad -- I'm contributing to the off topic thread
in the hope to see these things reduced in the future ... ]