Re: [suse-security] Webmin & SuSEfirewall2
  • From: Dieter Huerten <dieter.huerten@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 00:03:05 +0200
Hi all!

"Dr. Peter Bast" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there any modul to managing SuSEfirewall2 with Webmin.

... not that I'm aware of one :(

Maybe you should have a look at
http://webmin.thirdpartymodules.com/?page=Networking

if there are other modules which will fit your claims for
managing your 'firewall' in general.

I'm not using SuSEfirewall2 so there was no need for me to
look deeper in (sorry).

Another place (might be worth) to have a look on is
http://www.coastnet.com/~ken/webmin/wish.html

maybe there is an project started for your needs ??

If anything fails, perhaps you want to be a part of the
community (Welcome!) and write your own module and
contribute?
http://www.webmin.com/webmin/modules.html

is _the_ starting-point....

AFAIK there's unfortunately *nothing* that SuSE contributes
to the webmin-project <sigh>!
(/Perhaps/ because the project and the author was sponsored
by Caldera for some times ?? [-- don't know!]).
Methinks Webmin is an incredible tool (especially for the
*nix-newbies like me...) to administer your hole system --and I hope SuSE will overthink

--
best greetings from
Solingen /GERMANY

Dieter Hürten