Re: [suse-security] Resetting Firewall2
  • From: GrdnWsl <grdnwsl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:54:24 -0500
Sorry, I forgot to clarify myself. I'm running SuSE 7.3 Professional.
I currently don't have any custom firewall rules in place. I only have
holes punched through the firewall to let our scrificial host talk to
the real hosts inside our network. I'm doing this using the
"FW_FORWARD_MASQ=" line in '/etc/rc.config.d/firewall2.rc.config'. My
question is, how do I restart the firewall to re-read that file. I
tried 'SuSEfirewall2 stop/start' but it appears to only try to reload
any custom firewall rules. Maybe I'm doing this the hard way. If any
of you know a better way to do this, please let me know. Thanks again.

--

Preston Kutzner | IT Manager
Marketing Resources, Inc.

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may
contain personal views which are not the views of
Marketing Resources, Inc. unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from
your system, do not use, copy or disclose the information
in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender
immediately. Please note that Marketing Resources, Inc.
monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication
will signify your consent to this.