Re: [suse-security] Resetting Firewall2
  • From: Robert Rottscholl <lv426@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:35:01 +0200
GrdnWsl wrote:

I'm not sure if this is the right list to post this to, but it's the
closest one I could find on Suse's site. I have a question regarding
reloading the Firewall2 scripts. Currently, whenever I make a change to
my firewall scripts I restart the whole firewall. Is there a way to
just reastart the firewall script itself, without having to restart the
whole machine? Something like a "rcfirewall restart" command. Thanks
in advance.

Hi,

try '/sbin/SuSEfirewall' this would reload your rules.
By the way I have to add this to John's comment: I would say that I've never seen an easier and so flexible Firewall than SuSEFirewall. Believe me I configuerd a firewall by writing my own rules in a shell script (at a time where kernel 2.4 was new and iptables wasn't used to be supported).

By,

Robert Rottscholl - DE