RE: [suse-security] Automaticaly encrypting outgoing eMail
  • From: "Reckhard, Tobias" <tobias.reckhard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:35:39 +0200
Hi Andreas

> > I don't know about that tool, but I don't see any problem
> in simply calling
> > GPG after you've generated the email body to encrypt (and
> perhaps sign)
> > that, whereafter you can pass it to the MTA.
>
> Wouldn't that mean that I have to change the script that
> generates the eMail?

Not necessarily. You do need to change it if the script calls the MTA. If it
doesn't, but, for example, dumps the email to a file where a cron job
collects it, you don't.

> This is what I can't / not supposed to do.

You weren't very explicit in your original email. You'd written:
>>> Because I am not supposed to change the application I am
>>> looking for a tool
>>> that sits in between the generation of the eMail and the MTA.

Which is exactly what my proposed solution does (sit in between email
generation and the MTA). It is unclear to me what the application that you
shan't change does.

Cheers
Tobias

< Previous Next >