Re: [suse-security] Alternative for missing patch descriptions, was: No "patches" file for apache update in 7.1
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 11:34:05 +0200 (CEST)
On Jun 24, l.g.e@xxxxxx <l.g.e@xxxxxx> wrote:

> sorry, some scripts ahead; but hopefully of some use to someone, they
> were for me.
The next version of fou4s will contain a "announcement2pkgdesc" converter,
that can be used as procmail filter and creates a local package
description.
This package descriptions should be treated with care and the admin should
read the announcement very closely first (special update instructions).
As far as I remember, Kernel updates are only posted as announcements and
not available via YOU. This will make kernel updates easier, but also a
little more dangerous (don't forget mk_initrd and lilo after installing).
I hope, that noone uses fou4s -i in their cron script :) This will also
take load off from ftp.suse.com because the generated package description
uses server0 (usually ftp.gwdg.de).

regards,
Markus Gaugusch

--
Markus Gaugusch \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign