Re[2]: [suse-security] Users' WWW servers setup
  • From: Boris Kimel <kimel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 12:32:38 +0300
Hello Kurt,

KS> Cool. Can I buy an account? hint: server side includes, suexec...... Really
KS> really bad idea to let users modify a config for something that starts life
KS> running as root. Plus I could "steal" other user's sites possibly, break the
KS> config, etc. Keep the conf files in a location only you can modify (why the
KS> heck would you let users modify their stuff anyways?).

Ok. I meant a couple of "smart" users from whom I don't expect
anything weird. Anyway, I'l get tired pretty soon if they'll call me
to change their configs. Yes, breaking the config is quite simple, but
it looks like the only virtual config is broken, i.e. the one
containing errors. And I don't want users to see other sites, esp. the
'main' one, and can see no way for a user to do it.

Still most probably I'll try to keep all configs by myself and let the
users bother me. Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Boris mailto:kimel@xxxxxxx

P.S. Accounts are for free. They're intended for some teens who'd like
to learn something.