Re: [suse-security] CVS checkouts trough Firewall
  • From: Thomas Lamy <Thomas.Lamy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 22:07:29 +0100
> Hello List,
> How can I perform CVS checkouts from a SUSE Linux 7.3 trough an 7.3
> Firewall. On the Firewall Squid, apache and sendmail is installed.
> Is there any kind o proxy for this?
> Apologize my spelling. ;-)

It's not clear to me from where you want to check out stuff, and how your fw
is set up.
CVS pserver checkouts (common for most open source packages) are no real
problem from masqueraded clients. And if you want to provide your own cvs
server for a team or public, you could set up ip forwarding on your firewall
redirecting the cvs pserver port to your internal cvs server ip, or use
cvs's rsh mode over ssh.

> --
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
> Marcel Schmedes @ InnoSoft GmbH