Re: [suse-security] Online Update, automatic mirroring of relevant packages
On Sunday 03 February 2002 12:53, l.g.e@xxxxxx wrote:

> since YaST online update feature has been discusse recently, I thought
> this could be of interest.
>
> Because of an unstable modem dialup at home I once wrote a dirty hack to
>
> has to be tested by someone else but me to verify that it actually
> works...
> any volunteers?
>
> I'd like to send the perl script and some setup instructions in private
> mail, 'tis ~450 lines.

Count me in! I have modem dialup, and a second machine with pristine 7.3 on
it, YOU never been run, so it should be a good test.

You'll have to give me some time to read through your code though, if it's
too unreadable or unclear to me, I wouldn't be running it.

Been thinking about YOU and wondering why it's patch download is so slow, it
ran so much faster when I mirrored the whole updates directory locally.

Rob