SuSE 7.3 & IPTable 1.2.4
  • From: "Ramon F. McDougall" <rfmcdougall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 09:59:08 -0500
Hello SuSE-Security,

I need your help in determining how to best accomplish my project. I am
running 2.4.10 Kernel and IPTables 1.2.2, I should be running Kernel 2.4.13
and IPTables 1.2.4 with the following options enabled on IPTAbles:

CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER=y
CONFIG_IP_MULTIPLE_TABLES=y
CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH=y

CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_CONNTRACK=y
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH-LIMIT=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_PSD=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_STATE=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_IPLIMIT=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_STRING=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_FILTER=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_REJECT=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_NAT=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_MASQUEREDE=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_REDIRECT=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_MANGLE=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_TOS=m
CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_LOG=m
CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_TOS=y
CONFIG_SYN_COOKIES=y
CONFIG_SYN_COOKIES=y

Questions:

How can I upgrade my system to SuSE 2.4.13 and IPTables 1.2.4?
How can I compile the Kernel to include the previously mentioned options and
make able to fit in the conventional space where ever the kernel live?

I tried to compile the kernel on another distribution but it fails with an
error that it's to big to fit in the alloted space.

Thank You

Ramon F McDougall
Miami, Fl
RFMcDougall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx