Re: [suse-security] openssh
  • From: Armin Schöch <schoech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:36:16 +0000 (GMT)

Hi !

> Hm , i am find same problem , on the suse site i did not can find rpm s of
> newset version openssh :) as i have to se it is 3.0p2 version bacause all
> off previus versions are vurneable . Finaly i am find there rpm. on some
> site , rpmfind.net but i cant install it on suse 7.0 7.1 7.3 , al these
> version s i am try :) rpm progres show s that is everything installed ok but
> there s no ssh services on my machine. so finaly i am downloaded source code
> , openssh 3.op2. requires openssl already installed :)

For SuSE versions prior to 7.1, you find the OpenSSH rpms at
ftp.suse.de not ftp.suse.com !

Please read the announcement by Roman from 6th december. you will find
the right links to download the packages.

The SuSE package for OpenSSH 2.9.9p2-73 is not vulnerable. So you
don't necessarily need a 3.xxxxx version to be safe.

Thanks,
Armin

- --
Am Hasenberg 26 office: Institut für Atmosphärenphysik
D-18209 Bad Doberan Schloss-Straße 6
Tel. 0160/4046859 (mobil) D-18225 Kühlungsborn / GERMANY
Email: schoech@xxxxxxxxxxxx Tel. +49-(0)38293-68-102
WWW: http://armins.cjb.net/ Fax. +49-(0)38293-68-50