setting up a firewall
  • From: "Brown, Daniel (staff)" <d.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:04:54 -0000
Hi,

Would someone be willing to answer my questions about setting up the
personal firewall on SUSE 7.2? I have some questions about it:

1) I have enabled the firewall in /etc/rc.config but how do I check that it
is working correctly?

2) How do I configure it to ignore any connection request from all computers
bar one (with a static ip) as my pc is on a University WAN that is wide open
to the net but I only want my other Win2k box to be able to connect to the
SUSE box and the SUSE box to block all other connection attempts.

Cheers,

Daniel

"He is no fool, who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose"
- Jim Elliot