Re: [suse-security] SuSEfirewall2 and LIDS
>Hi there,
>I configured firewall, on a SuSE 7.3 machine - kernel 2.4.10, with
>SuSEfirewall2 and it works fine. I read about LIDS..
>My question is this one: is my Linux server secure with SuSEfirewall2 or
>have I to install LIDS?
>If my firewall is a good firewall, nobody could hack my Linux; if no, does
>SuSEfirewall2 lives with LIDS?

It seems to depend on your needs. Do you host services or its simply a
firewall router.

Anyway - think it's a good idea to close security holes and
enhance security features. But every new feature
may have new vulnerabilities.

Choose your poison

...and look for openwall too : http://www.openwall.com/

>If my firewall is a good firewall, nobody could hack my Linux; if no, does
>SuSEfirewall2 lives with LIDS?

and by the way, your nobody gots a name :O)_

Michael