Re: [suse-security] ppptp Denial-Of-Service Attack
Il 18:14, mercoledì 6 febbraio 2002, Robert Rottscholl ha scritto:
> Hi Josef,
>
> I had the same problem. Everytime I had lot of traffic to samba my
> server died.
> In my case it was a mainboard problem. I resetted it (it was brandnew)
> and then it even worked when I put 2GB's files on it.
>
> Ciao ;-)

In my small home network (5 pc) I got a similar problem. When a PC (Win98SE)
starts to send out too many bytes the network (ethernet), the eth1 interface
of the samba PDC dies and I have to restart it manually. It does not happens
with another pc which has the same version of windows and the same NIC. I
have never understood why this is happening.
It is not samba related because the other samba computers does not have the
same problem.

Praise