Re: [suse-security] MS Word Docs hosts security relevant metadata
  • From: "Martin Peikert" <Martin.Peikert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 11:22:46 +0100
Martin Peikert schrieb:

> Albert Brandl schrieb:

> > > Right: use vi and latex/pdftex/... and you won't get in trouble.
> > >
> > > Do _you_ want to tell that to all those MS-Word-users?
> >
> > I think he was talking about the converter to be used on
> > the mailserver.
>
> Aha. You _think_. Does that mean: If he can not write down what he
> means in a way that even I can understand it then you need to tell me
> what he wanted to say because you know that better than me?

Albert, please excuse my harsh answer.

FYI: In a personal mail Albert told me that he wanted to invite the
author (Peter Wiersig) of the original posting to clarify his email.

Peter did that in a PM: If RTF-files would be generated with another
engine than MS-Word then it would be possible that they wouldn't
contain meta-data.

Martin
--
martin.peikert@xxxxxxxxx Discon GmbH