Re: [suse-security] kernel modules question
>Dear list,
>
>I want to compile my kernel, should I include the ipfilter modules or
>should I make modules. What is safer, faster and less work (I mean to
>administrate)?

safer : should be to compile in kernel, cauze ]you[ cannot replace the modules and have
to reboot the box to manipulate iptables-code

faster : me think, should be faster to compile in kernel, cauze you havent the module
layer and no load/unload - correct me, if i'am wrong

less work: too to compile in the kernel, cauze you will not get any probs with depmod
and other stuff

In summary: if the netfilter is an elemtary part of your system put it in the kernel - so why
not.

Michael