Port 1214 log entries on T-DSL dial-up connection
  • From: Juergen.Mell@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jürgen Mell)
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 09:19:00 +0100
Dear list members,

I have a box with SuSE 7.3 and the SuSEfirwall 2.1 installed. I use a dial-up
connection to T-DSL (German Telekom). When I connect I will get a dynamic IP
address from T-Online's pool. And now the trouble begins: If I get an IP
address that was used by a KaZaA member before I get lots of entries in my
syslog about denied acccesses to port 1214 (lots in this case means about
1000 during one afternoon...).

Is there any way to inhibit logging of denied accesses to certain ports while
all other denied accesses are still logged?

Or should I simply allow access to port 1214 (there is no program listening
on that port so it should not hurt, should it?)

Is there any way to 'tell' the KaZaA network that there is no server any more
on that IP?

Thanks in advance,

Jürgen

  • No further messages