Re: [suse-security] CERT snmp advisory and SuSE
  • From: Martin Leweling <lewelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:33:26 +0100
Hi,

On Tuesday 12 February 2002 22:38, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
> Can someone from SuSE confirm if SuSE package ucdsnmp is also
> vulnerable for the vulnerabilities listed on this advisory. I could not
> find SuSE name on the list but that is another issue.

I do not speak for SuSE, but since ucdsnmp is now Net-SNMP
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/net-snmp) and Net-SNMP is
listed as vulnerable I would consider the SuSE package
vulnerable as well until further notice.

It is probably a good idea to temporarily disable snmp on your SuSE
systems (and other OS as well until patches are out), just to be
on the safe side.

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin Leweling
Institut fuer Planetologie, WWU Muenster