Re: [suse-security] CERT snmp advisory and SuSE
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:51:58 +0200
Hi Martin

* Martin Leweling; <lewelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 12 Feb, 2002 wrote:
Hi,

I do not speak for SuSE, but since ucdsnmp is now Net-SNMP
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/net-snmp) and Net-SNMP is
listed as vulnerable I would consider the SuSE package
vulnerable as well until further notice.

That is how I interpreted yet confirmation is always good :-)

It is probably a good idea to temporarily disable snmp on your SuSE
systems (and other OS as well until patches are out), just to be
on the safe side.

Currently I have snmp allowed on trusted host (private ip) and all
requests are denied by ipchains

--
Togan Muftuoglu

Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer