Re: [suse-security] openssh
  • From: Ben Rosenberg <ben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 23:41:42 -0800
If you install something that was compiled for glibc 2.2 on a 2.4 glibc
system then it will run..ie backwards compatible..but if you install
something compiled for glibc 2.4 on a system with 2.2 installed..it most
like will hiccup and not run right. So if you update glibc on a system
to a newer version..then some of the software will need recompiling so
it can run right. It's not forward compatible...2.4 binaries will have
issues running on a 2.2 (glibc) system.

* Anders Johansson (andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [020224 23:39]: