Re: [suse-security] iptables - pop
  • From: Bjoern Engels <bengels@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:30:03 +0100
On Wednesday, 27. February 2002 16:32, spiekey wrote:
> I can get to ww.gmx.de, just the pop doesnt work.
> Everything looks fine in tcpdump, unfortunatelly, it wont tell me if it
> denys my packet or not?
> Does it?

No, it doesn't. But maybe you're having a different problem - a friend of mine
wasn't able to get mails from GMX after he got DSL. (Other providers
worked well.) This had something to do with the MTU and could be solved
by an iptables-rule. (I can't remember the exact syntax, but searching google
for "clamp mss to" will help I bet.)

Bjoern