Re: [suse-security] SuSE73, SuSEfirewall2, PC-Anywhere
>Hi
>
>I'm new to this list, hope this is the place for my question.
>We need to control a PC in our LAN from a home office. We do that with
>VNC, which works fine but rather slow as windows server.
>
>To get better respons time we would like to use pc-Anywhere. Is there
>someone who has experiance with pc-Anywhere, SuSE73 and SuSEfirewall2?
>We do not get a connection through our firewall. Port 5631/5632 are
>forwarded to the pc-Anywhere host, similar as with VNC.

There is a way to forward port, even from windows boxes via ssh.

On openssh.org you'll get putty, ssh 2 client for windows. The advantage
is that all the traffic is fine encrypted and the authentification is quite secure,
except some nice xploit out there (where to get sshex).

VNC gets mote speed if you compress the ssh-tunnel with -c option

There was a discussion here in january. Here some links

http://lists2.suse.com/archive/suse-security/2002-Jan/0310.html
http://lists2.suse.com/archive/suse-security/2002-Jan/0318.html

Read the whole thread, with eyes on ssh solution - that rulez

Nice weekende

Michael Appeldorn