3DES and NAT
  • From: mailinglists@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 15:49:28 +0100
Hi

I use this config:

me (VPN client)

Linux Gateway (NAT)

Internet

VPN Server

The VPN client (me) is trying to establish connection to the
VPN server via
a linux NATting gateway. I configured a DES encrypted ESP tunnel and,
regardless of the fact that DES unsecure, this works
wonderfully. I tried
the same with 3DES and ESP. I have a connection time out on
the linux box.
The client send ESP request but there is no answer coming back to the
server. I guess, it's the linux box killing or whatever the
packets. The VPN
server does not even see the connection attempt.

The same I tried in a network with official IP addresses. I
had no problems
connecting to the vpn server using 3DES and ESP.

The Linux gateway is a Suse 7.3 kernel 2.4.10 with iptables
1.2.2. Also
ipsec, ipip and ip_gre modules are loaded. Firewall on the
gateway is down.

If anybody has a solution for that problem, please let me know.

thank you
Philipp

  • No further messages